We warmly extend an invitation to our biggest event of the year! Please come and represent your organization as a contestant of our Braille Is Hot Chili Cook-Off fundraiser! Invite your family and friends to enjoy a night of great food, fun, and networking!
The event will include the chili competition, live entertainment from singer/songwriter, Justyna Kelly, and comedian, Lee Hardin, celebrity judges, and auction. Many of you contributed last year, and it would not of been so successful if it wasn’t for you! I truly appreciate your leadership in our community, fine example, and support! Even if you cannot sponsor, we would love to have you enter the chili competition! There is not an entry fee to enter a chili. Tickets for the event are $10 per person or up to $30 per family. Tickets can be bought at our chapter meeting, online via Pay Pal, or at the door. (For Pay Pal, go to our website www.nfbtn.org/nashville, click on make a donation, and purchase $10 ticket). Call James Boehm if you’d like to volunteer or help in any way: 901-483-1515 or email at JBoehm@NFBTN.org. Together, we will grow and strengthen our community! Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!
Dear Community Partner,
I’m pleased to announce that the National Federation of the Blind Nashville Chapter’s 3rd Annual Braille is Hot Chili Cook-off will be held on October 26, from 6:00-8:00 PM, at the Tennessee School for the Blind in Nashville. Since this event can offer great exposure for your organization, I wanted to give you an early opportunity to help blind Nashvillians live the lives they want through a little friendly chili competition!
The Braille is Hot Chili Cook-off is the chapter’s biggest event of the year, benefiting blind people through things like funding Braille camps for blind children, technology to help blind people access the world, and simply giving blind people access to tools that can help them live wonderful and productive lives. Your involvement will definitely help our programs be open to more visually impaired people across Middle Tennessee.
The main ways to get involved are:
- Become one of our sponsors
- Donate items for the Auction
- Come be a volunteer at the Chili Cook-off
Being a sponsor allows you to get your company on our website and name in front of hundreds of people the night of the cook-off. And all sponsorship levels give you two complimentary tickets to our Chili dinner.
- Gold: $750 can get your name published on our website for two months as well as the jumbo advertisement of your company name on our featured Braille Chili Cook-off placemats, and also get you four complimentary chili dinner tickets.
- Silver: $500 can get your name published on our website for one month, advertise your company name on our featured Braille is hot Chili Cook-off placemats, and get you two complimentary chili dinner tickets.
- Bronze: $250 will advertise your company name on our featured Braille is hot Chili Cook-off placemats and get you two complimentary tickets to the Cook-off.
Thank you for supporting the Nashville Chapter, National Federation of the Blind Tennessee.
James BoehmNFB of Nashville presidentNFB of TN VP