Pacific Coast Research Conference
The 29th Annual Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) will be held as a virtual Pacific Coast Research Conference Feb. 8-12, 2021. NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the in-person meeting has been cancelled for 2021. Please add these dates in your calendars.
News on 2021 PCRC will be shared to subscribers to PCRC's mailing list correspondence. Not subscribed yet? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
About the Conference:
This is an annual research meeting typically held on the West Coast in mid-winter. It is for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. The meeting runs from Thursday evening until Saturday night; sessions are two hours in length. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, please email email@example.com. If you are already receiving PCRC e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org, there is no need to complete this form.
If you are a member of the Pacific Coast Research Conference mailing list and wish to share an announcement with the mailing list, please email email@example.com with your request along with any related URLs or attachments.
PCRC 2021 Key Dates:
- Tuesday, Sept, 15, 2020: 2021 PCRC Call for Proposals opens. View the 2021 PCRC Call for Proposals flyer here. Links to submit poster and panel abstracts are in the "Call for Proposals" section below and will be emailed to PCRC mailing list subscribers.
- 11:59 p.m. PT Sunday, Nov. 15, 2020: All poster and panel proposals due (Program Committee will not accept incomplete proposals).
- Early December: Notifications regarding accepted proposals have been sent by the PCRC Program Committee by this date; conference registration opens for the Virtual PCRC ($100). Registration may also open for the in-person PCRC Retreat* (fee TBD) at this date.
- Monday, January 4, 2021:Registration opens for 2021 Virtual Pacific Coast Research Conference. Registration this year will be $100 across the board. If you are having problems paying with a credit card online, please contact Kirsti Wagner at Stanford University at (650) 497-0214.
2021 Virtual PCRC registration is now open through 11:59 p.m. PT WEDNESDAY, FEB. 3, 2021! Click here to start the registration process by completing this REDCap form. After you click "Submit," you will be automatically redirected to a billing page to pay your registration fee.
- Friday, Jan. 29, 2021: Last day for accepted presenters to register for the Virtual Pacific Coast Research Conference.
- 11:59 p.m. PT Friday, Jan. 29, 2021: Last day to request a refund in writing on 2021 Virtual PCRC registration. Please see the section titled "Registration Cancellation" at the bottom of the page for more information.
- Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021: Last day for non-presenting attendees to register for the Virtual Pacific Coast Research Conference.
- Monday, Feb. 8, 2021: All materials for 2021 Virtual PCRC Conference, including pre-recorded panel presentations, poster files, and a schedule of events, will be sent to registered attendees for perusal at their convenience.
- Thursday-Friday, Feb. 11-12, 2021: Live Zoom interations scheduled for each panel presentation and groups of poster presenters (grouped by topic) will take place on a schedule sent to registered attendees.
Call for Proposals, Proposal Submission Procedure and Conference Mailing List:
The 2021 Virtual Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) will be held between Feb. 8-12, 2021, completely online. This is an annual research meeting for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the in-person meeting has been cancelled for 2021, and PCRC will be held exclusively online in 2021. We hope to return to our normal in-person meeting format in 2022.
Guidelines for submission:
- Interested PCRC attendees are allowed to submit/present up to two posters AND one panel presentation during PCRC.
- Attendees can participate in only one panel during the conference (this includes panel chair, discussant/moderator, and presenter).
- Students are NOT allowed to present in PCRC panels.
Registration to attend 2021 Virtual PCRC will open in early January after proposal notifications have been sent. The link to register will be sent to those who are on the PCRC mailing list. To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New for 2021: Virtual PCRC Scholarships:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some academics' travel funds may be frozen, and there may be doc students and junior faculty with no travel funds. We are offering a limited number of Virtual PCRC scholarships (waiving the $100 registration fee) to those who e-mail PCRC conference chair Chris Lemons addressing their need and making a request to be considered. The deadline to request consideration for scholarship funding is Jan. 15, 2021. The PCRC Executive Committee will determine number of scholarships awarded, and applicants will receive notification of their decision by Jan. 22, 2021.
Mark Your Calendars! Future PCRC Dates:
- PCRC 2021: Feb. 8-12, 2021
- PCRC 2022: Feb. 17-19, 2022
If you must cancel your registration for the 2021 Virtual Conference, PCRC will refund your registration fee in full if requests are received by 11:59 p.m. PT Friday, Jan. 29, 2021. No refunds will be made after that date.