Increasing Academic Engagement for All: High Quality Education
Are you looking for strategies and knowledge to better provide academic instruction to your students with ASD and other disabilities? Increasing Academic Engagement for All: High Quality Education will provide a 2-day workshop highlighting best practices in instructional design and delivery, including reading, writing, and math routines for you to use with students.
- Teach reading, writing, and/or math to students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Record and bring a 10-15 minute video for self-reflection during the workshop
- Best practices for academic instruction
- Routines and supports for teaching core academic areas
- The gradual release model
- Appropriate learning objectives and corresponding instructional materials
- Large group instruction, modeling, and discussion
- Small group application
- Individualized goals and action plans
|Proof of Attendance
Attendees will receive 12 hours of professional development hours for attending both days of the workshop
*Participants must attend both days to receive 12 professional development hours.
April 13 & 14, 2022
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
Please note: Due to the ever changing reality of COVID-19, TRIAD services are subject to change in terms of service delivery. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of coaching and support possible during these uncertain times for the entirety 2021-2022 school year as educators navigate serving students in a variety of settings.