TRIAD Para Online Pathways (POP)
Para Online Pathways (POP) involves a partnership between Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) and identified schools in Tennessee. Participation in POP: TRIAD consultants will use online learning tools and remote coaching to help school-district teams plan and coach para-educators in evidence-based practices for working with students diagnosed with autism. This series will be offered during the Fall of 2021 and Spring of 2022. Participants can expect to meet 2x/month with a TRIAD educational consultant, where the consultant will provide training in evidence-based practices through online discussion and completion of brief online training modules.
- Internet Access
- Web-capable device (e.g. tablet, computer)
- Complete Application
- Approval from school principal/administrator.
- Willingness to complete multiple live remote consult/coaching sessions
- Willingness to present and train others.
- Willingness to complete assignments that include uploading videos/content to an online platform in between sessions
- Fall: August 2021-December 2021
- Spring: January 2022- May 2022
Evidence-based practices for working with children with ASD and related disorders
Two meetings per month:
- Didactic presentation of training material
- Reflection and review of content presented
- Supported small group activities
In between sessions
- Reviewing and completing assigned materials
- As a part of the series, for certification, you will be asked to disseminate the knowledge you gain from this experience to support para-professionals within your school district.
|Proof of Attendance
Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation after all sessions and accompanying assignments are completed.
Participants will receive education and support implementing evidence-based practice with young children with ASD from TRIAD Consultants. TRIAD consultants will provide support school administration to implement training with para educators in their school.
This project is only intended for School training coaches or related personnel and this is a unique enrollment link. Please do not forward or share this email or link.
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
Please note: Due to the ever changing reality of COVID-19, TRIAD services are subject to change in terms of service delivery. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of coaching and support possible during these uncertain times for the entirety 2021-2022 school year as educators navigate serving students in a variety of settings.