Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide remote coaching and support through brief online coaching cycles specifically for LEA faculty and staff in Tennessee who directly serve students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in an elementary or middle school setting. The purpose of Foundations Strategy Coaching is increase educator capacity to meet the needs of students in their classroom, including those with ASD, through the use of evidence-based strategies.
- Participants should be individual teachers who work as special education teachers or general education teachers in the state of Tennessee.
- Create and upload several 10-15 minute videos of themselves teaching.
- Commit 30 minutes a week for online learning and coaching meetings.
- Readings, online modules, or other resources may be shared with educators.
- Additional details regarding participation requirements for ongoing collaboration are outlined in a participant agreement.
- Evidence based practices (EBPs) to use in structuring a successful learning environment for students with ASD
- Strategies to integrate EBPs throughout the school day to optimize learning for all students
- Video self-reflection as a means of teacher professional development
- Individualized classroom-based goal setting
- Virtual coaching meetings for problem-solving and reflective discussions
- Online, self-paced e-learning using TRIAD created courses
- Video self-reflection for strategy implementation purposes
- Format: delivered remotely, with zoom and/or video reflection
- Technology required: webcam
- Frequency: Weekly
|Online Learning Assignments
- Format: asynchronous online modules
- Length: approximately 15 minutes in length per module
- Number: individualized based on educator goals
- Location: TRIAD online learning portal
- Homework: there may be additional task assigned, including readings, or reviewing of sample videos.
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in Foundations Strategy Coaching and a minimum of 8 hours of professional development.*
*Participants professional development hours will vary, depending upon e-learning courses assigned and amount of coaching meetings held.