TRIAD Foundations Strategy Coaching
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide remote coaching and support through brief online coaching cycles specifically for LEA faculty and staff in Tennessee who directly serve students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in an elementary or middle school setting. The purpose of Foundations Strategy Coaching is increase educator capacity to meet the needs of students in their classroom, including those with ASD, through the use of evidence-based strategies.
- Work as a special education teacher or general education teacher in the state of Tennessee.
- Create and upload several 10-15 minute videos of themselves teaching.
- Commit 30 minutes a week for online learning and coaching meetings.
- Evidence based practices (EBPs) to use in structuring a successful learning environment for students with ASD
- Strategies to integrate EBPs throughout the school day to optimize learning for all students
- Individualized classroom-based goal setting
- Virtual coaching meetings for problem-solving and reflective discussions
- Online, self-paced e-learning using TRIAD created courses
- Video self-reflection for strategy implementation purposes
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in Foundations Strategy Coaching and a minimum of 8 hours of professional development.**
Participant professional development hours will vary, depending upon e-learning courses assigned and amount of coaching meetings held.
Enrolling throughout the 2020-2021 Academic Year
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education – Part B, and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
Please note: Due to the ever changing reality of COVID-19, TRIAD services are subject to change in terms of service delivery. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of coaching and support possible during these uncertain times for the entirety 2020-2021 school year as educators navigate serving students in a variety of settings.