TRIAD School Leadership Academy (TSLA)
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a one-day workshop designed specifically for School Leaders. The purpose of the workshop is to provide administrators (i.e., superintendents, directors of school, special education directors/coordinators/supervisors, principals, assistant principals, etc.) with information on evidence-based practices for students with autism so that school leaders may evaluate programs to provide teacher, parent, and student support.
- East Tennessee (Knoxville): October 19, 2023, 8-3:30 pm. Register here.
- West Tennessee (Germantown/Memphis): November 15, 2023, 8-3:30 pm. Register here.
- Middle Tennessee (Nashville): December 6, 2023, 8-3:30 pm. Register here.
- Work in an administrative (building or district level) role in a TN LEA
- Attend the entire day of the workshop
- Characteristics of autism and how they impact learning
- Evidence-based practices and methodologies to support autism and other disabilities
- Available resources to best support and equip faculty and staff who work directly with students with autism
- Methods to promote inclusive environments
- Large group instruction
- Small group discussion
- Application activities
- Individualized goals and action plans
There will be minimal preparation for this learning opportunity. You will receive this brief (no more than 30 minutes) assignment upon acceptance to the training.
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in TSLA and 6 hours of professional development. TASL credit available.*
attend the entirety of the training and complete any assigned modules to receive the 6 hours of TASL credit.