TRIAD School Leadership Academy (TSLA)
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a two-day workshop designed specifically for School Leaders. The purpose of the workshop is to provide administrators (i.e., superintendents, director of schools, special education directors/coordinators/supervisors, principals, assistant principals, consultants, etc.) with information on best practices for students with autism so that school leaders may evaluate programs in order to provide teacher, parent, and student support.
Deadline for registration is two weeks prior to Day 1 of the workshop, or until full.
- Work in an administrative role
- Attend both days of the workshop
- Characteristics of autism and how they impact learning
- Best practices and methodologies
- IEP development and making program decisions
- Available resources to best support and equip faculty and staff who work directly with students with autism
- Large group instruction
- Small group discussion
- Application activities
- Video examples
- Individualized goals and action plans
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in TSLA and 12 hours of professional development. TASL credit will be available.
June 1-5 [Hamilton County]*
June 8-12 [Cannon/Warren County]*
June 15-19 [Carroll County]*
All workshops noted are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This workshop opportunity is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
* Exact dates still being finalized