What is the All-Access Inclusion Network (AAIN)?
- The mission of the AAIN (formerly the Inclusion Network of Nashville) is to promote awareness, accessibility and inclusion of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families by building capacity throughout a community network of arts, education, athletic, and entertainment organizations.
- Focused on true inclusion which means creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to belong through participation in programs and representation within the organization. We exclusively recommend supports that are research-based rather than supports designed to allow for individuals to tolerate environments without allowing for meaningful participation.
- Ongoing, community-based approach committed to changing the culture at organizations to value neurodiverse individuals and their contributions to the organization’s mission
- Made up of self-advocates, community organizations, and disability organizations.
- Not a one-size fits all approach, individualized support creating evidence-based supports for general accessibility, programs, volunteer and employment opportunities, etc.
- Led by Vanderbilt Kennedy Center’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD)
- Join the All-Access Inclusion Network for our bi-annual meeting! Hear about all of the inclusive efforts our community partners are implementing at their organizations, new events, and more!
- Opportunities for staff and volunteers to be trained by Vanderbilt TRIAD consultants
- Opportunities to train accessibility coordinators at community organizations and provide materials to facilitate trainings at their site.
- Ongoing training on various topics provided by experts at disability and community organizations
- With other community organizations, community members including neurodiverse individuals, and disability organizations
- Customized consultation provided by TRIAD consultants
- Biannual network meetings with conversations driven by network needs and focused on further reach and growth
- Access to network online forum
- Communication with community members regarding inclusive opportunities at organizations via social media, newsletters, emails, website
- Sharing of accessibility supports on resources directory
- Connect community members to accessibility coordinator at community organizations
- Marketing materials regarding “INNvolvement” in network trainings and activities
View Video Below:
INN Video from TRIAD on Vimeo.
Community Organizations Involved [select logo to view website]
Disabilities-focused Organizations Include [select logo to view website]