What is the Inclusion Network of Nashville (INN)?
- Focused on true inclusion which means creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to belong through participation in programs and representation within the organization. We exclusively recommend supports that are research-based rather than supports designed to allow for individuals to tolerate environments without allowing for meaningful participation.
- Ongoing, community-based approach committed to changing the culture at organizations to value neurodiverse individuals and their contributions to the organization’s mission
- Made up of self-advocates, community organizations, and disability organizations.
- Not a one-size fits all approach, individualized support creating evidence-based supports for general accessibility, programs, volunteer and employment opportunities, etc.
- Led by Vanderbilt Kennedy Center’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD)
- Opportunities for staff and volunteers to be trained by Vanderbilt TRIAD consultants
- Opportunities to train accessibility coordinators at community organizations and provide materials to facilitate trainings at their site.
- Ongoing training on various topics provided by experts at disability and community organizations
- With other community organizations, community members including neurodiverse individuals, and disability organizations
- Customized consultation provided by TRIAD consultants
- Biannual network meetings with conversations driven by network needs and focused on further reach and growth
- Access to network online forum
- Communication with community members regarding inclusive opportunities at organizations via social media, newsletters, emails, website
- Sharing of accessibility supports on resources directory
- Connect community members to accessibility coordinator at community organizations
- Marketing materials regarding “INNvolvement” in network trainings and activities
View Video Below:
INN Video from TRIAD on Vimeo.
Community Organizations Involved [select logo to view website]
Disabilities-focused Organizations Include [select logo to view website]