Early Childhood Model Classroom
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a 3-day hands-on workshop designed specifically for preschool educators in Tennessee who directly serve students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The purpose of the Early Childhood Model Classroom workshop is to provide educators with knowledge and strategies to better serve their students with ASD.
- Register as an individual
Participants are expected to attend all 3 days of the training
Each participant will receive an approximately ½ day follow-up site visit from a TRIAD Educational consultant. The site visit will occur during the first 6-8 weeks of the following school year.
- Workshop is open to educators from the Middle TN region
- Preference will be given to lead preschool teachers and preschool consultants who work with students with disabilities
- Core characteristics of ASD in young children and its impact on learning
- Effective ways to structure and set up your classroom for student success
- Evidence based practices (EBPs) that help children achieve the goals set by the TN Early Learning Standards
- Evidence based practices for preventing and responding to challenging behavior
- Large group instruction, modeling, and discussion
- Small group application and role play activities
- Demonstration and hands on-practice with students in an inclusive preschool model classroom
- Planning and coaching with TRIAD Educational Consultants
- Individualized goals and action plans
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in the Early Childhood Model Classroom Training and 21 hours of professional development.*
||Participants will receive an approximately ½ day follow-up site visit from a TRIAD Educational consultant. The site visit will occur during the first 6-8 weeks of the following school year. **
*Participants must attend 3 days of the workshop and complete the site visit in order to receive 21 professional development hours.
**Participants must attend 3 days of the workshop to be eligible for the site visit, and must participate in a site visit in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Due to an abundance of caution regarding Covid-19, we will be postponing TRIAD’s Early Childhood Model Classroom for Inclusion Workshop. Future dates have not yet been solidified. Please keep checking back for updates.
All workshops noted are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This workshop opportunity is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education 619 and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.