Building Executive Functioning Skills:
A Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a 2-day hands-on workshop designed specifically for LEA faculty and staff in Tennessee who plan to provide professional development and parent/community trainings within their schools and school systems. The purpose of the “Building Executive Functioning Skills” workshop is to build capacity and sustainability across the state, equipping participants with resources and activities to be able to lead professional development activities.
||Participants must register and attend in teams of two or three educators. Teams should include:
- At least one district or building level administrator
- Currently serving in an administrative role
- Responsible for planning and presenting professional development for school staff and/or parent or community trainings
- 1-2 additional educators (additional administrators, teachers, consultants, support staff, etc.)
- Work in a capacity to plan and present professional development to school staff and/or parents and community members
- Attend both days of the workshop
- Be comfortable accessing an online platform and downloading specific materials from it
- Understanding executive functioning and a review of strategies and resources available to support these needs for all students, including students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Quality workshop facilitation guidelines
- Instruction for utilizing prepared TRIAD modules for dissemination
This training will not include direct instruction, discussion, or application of specific strategies used to teach students with ASD. For training opportunities pertaining to those topics, please visit our webpage
||Train the Trainer Activities including:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Live modeling
- Supported large and small group planning activities
- Individual planning time
- Interactive materials
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in the Empowering Learning Communities workshop and 12 hours of professional development.
Jan. 14-15 [Knoxville]
Jan. 20-24 [Nashville]*
Jan. 27-31 [Jackson]*
All workshops noted are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This workshop opportunity is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no cost to participants.
* Exact dates still being finalized