TRIAD Social Communication Support Network
Speech-Language Pathologist Online Community (SPOC)
Are you interested in learning more about how to motivate your students to communicate? Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will use online learning tools and remote coaching to help speech-language pathologists advance their knowledge and implementation of strategies for students with complex communication needs.
Purpose: To expand the TRIAD Social Communication Support Network by offering remote training and coaching for speech-language pathologists supporting students with complex communication needs
- Complete online trainings
- Participate in ongoing remote coaching provided by TRIAD consultants
- Share skills, knowledge, and strategies with the virtual learning community
|Who should participate?
||Speech-Language Pathologists and Speech Language Teachers
- Who directly work with students with complex communication needs
- Complex communication needs
- Student(s) frequently unsuccessful in using one or more modes of communication (e.g., verbal, manual sign, AT system, pointing) which affects their educational performance on a daily basis
- Students whose caregivers consent for TRIAD to
- Review educational records
- Support school-based SLP on assessment techniques and intervention strategies
- Record assessment and intervention sessions with the student
- Remotely observe the student through video conferencing software
|What is learned through this program?
- Evidence-based strategies to:
- Identify student preferences
- Use preferences to motivate students to initiate communication
|How much professional development is included?
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in Speech-Language Pathologists Online Community and 15 hours of ASHA-approved professional development.
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education – Part B, and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
Please note: Due to the ever changing reality of COVID-19, TRIAD services are subject to change in terms of service delivery. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of coaching and support possible during these uncertain times for the entirety 2020-2021 school year as educators navigate serving students in a variety of settings.