TRIAD’s team of experts will assist school personnel who work directly with a student (Pre-k-12th grade) who is engaging in behaviors that are interfering with his or her learning or the learning of others. Team and student goals will focus on building and strengthening skills that foster safety, empowerment, independence, engagement, and inclusion. TRIAD behavior services provide individualized training opportunities to understand student areas of need and guide teams in utilizing team-collected data to develop individualized plans. Recommendations for improving behavior will use a root cause analysis to identify evidence-based approaches. TRIAD will provide ongoing consultation and coaching until team and student goals are met. Services can continue for as little as one month or up until the end of the current school year.
- Teams must include the student’s case manager/teacher of record, an administrator (building or district special education), and two or more personnel who are directly responsible for carrying out the student’s behavior intervention plan.
- Teams complete one application per student and all team members must have a role in direct or indirect support of the student who is the focus of the team’s work. The onboarding process for this service includes follow-up applications, interviews, surveys, and screening measures prior to enrollment.
- All teams will be required to complete online modules, participate in synchronous virtual team meetings/trainings, and collect and share behavior data and student documents with their consultant.
- Some teams may engage in remote coaching.
- Student and educator consents for video recording, data collection, and document sharing are required. Participating educators must complete a participant agreement. Administrator permission is required for all teams.
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Evidence-based functional approaches to behavior intervention
- Behavior intervention planning
- Coaching will be primarily delivered via Zoom
- Coaching may occur as often as every week
|Online Learning Assignments
- Fifteen minute online modules will assigned for viewing based on team needs and progress through the program.
- Most modules assigned will be on the TRIAD online learning portal. Specific access information will be provided to teams when necessary.
|Proof of Attendance
||Professional development hours are dependent on the length of the consultation, how many modules are viewed, the number of coaching sessions, and the amount of time spent in consultation with TRIAD.
This workshop is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
Please note: Due to the ever changing reality of COVID-19, TRIAD services are subject to change in terms of service delivery. We are committed to continuing to provide the highest level of coaching and support possible during these uncertain times for the entirety 2021-2022 school year as educators navigate serving students in a variety of settings.