Attention Administrators: Take a S.E.A.T!
Special Education for Administrators Training
Vanderbilt’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) will provide a single-day workshop designed specifically for building-level administrators. The purpose of the workshop is to provide building-level administrators (e.g., principals, assistant principals) with special education legal content knowledge and strategies to proactively support the special education services in their respective school buildings. We will provide information on best practices for building-level administrators based on case law so that administrators may better oversee, participate, and lead staff proactively in special education matters. Participants will complete brief online surveys both before and after the training. Participants will receive access to exclusive, individualized webinars for themselves or their staff following the training to support implementation.
Deadline for registration is two weeks prior to Day 1 of the workshop, or until full.
- Work in an administrative role
- Agree to be randomly assigned to one of two training dates after consenting to participation
- Special education law and case law updates both nationally and specific to Tennessee
- Avoiding common pitfalls in special education law
- Direct training on 5 strategies to reduce liability in special education practices
- Large group instruction
- Small group discussion
- Application activities
- Video examples
- Individualized goals and action plans
|Proof of Attendance
||Participants will receive certificates documenting their participation in TSLA and 6 hours of professional development. TASL credit will be available (PENDING APPROVAL).
Nov. 5 [Jackson]
Nov. 7 [Knoxville]
Nov. 12 [Nashville]
All workshops noted are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Week of Feb. 3 [Nashville]*
Feb. 4 [Knoxville]
This workshop opportunity is sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education and is available to educators in LEAs in Tennessee at no-cost to participants.
* Exact dates still being finalized