For adult siblings who have a brother or sister with a disability, siblings-in-law, and professionals or other family members interested in sibling issues.
Conference highlights will include presentations on topics such as:
- Self-Care for Sibling Caregivers
Kaley Day, ADVOCACYDENVER and Sibling Tree (Colorado chapter of the Sibling Leadership Network);
- Supported Decision-Making and Conservatorship
Lauren Pearcy, Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities, and
Carrie Guiden, The Arc Tennessee;
- Planning for the Future
Liz Mahar, Director, Family and Sibling Initiatives, The Arc United States;
- Supporting Our Sibling's Health Journey & Overview of Healthcare Resources: A Moderated Panel
Janet Shouse, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, and panel of siblings of individuals with disabilities
Conference fees are $25. Fees include lunch and conference materials. Deadline to register is Oct. 31..
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities
- The Arc Tennessee
- University of Tennessee Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities