Aunti Claus: A NCT Hatchery World Premiere Production
There’s something mysterioso about Sophie Kringle’s glamorous great aunt. She serves Christmas cookies at teatime, even in July! Her penthouse at the Bing Cherry Hotel glitters with Christmas lights all year long. There’s also that secretive “business trip” every year around the holidays. Determined to get to the bottom of Auntie Claus’ eccentric ways, Sophie embarks on an adventure that leads straight to the heart of the holidays.
A world premiere holiday musical event for the whole family commissioned for Nashville audiences by award winning writing team Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich (Netflix’s Julie’s Green Room, Ever After, Junie B. Jones).
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TRIAD Contact: Kristin Dorris (email@example.com)