Hans Christian Anderson
13-year-old Christian Andersen is the first commoner ever chosen by the King of Denmark to study at the Royal Academy, but he isn't sure he wants to go. He'll have to move to Copenhagen and live without his parents. Royal students have shoes without holes in them...and books; Christian can't even afford paper. Plus his new teacher is rumored to be meaner than a sea witch.
Based on the real life of Hans Christian Andersen, this world premiere musical, featuring a score by legendary Broadway composer Frank Loesser and an original libretto by Timothy Allen McDonald, follows Hans’ journey from poor storyteller to becoming one of the most celebrated writers of all time.
NCT welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but we know that some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. Sensory Friendly Performances are designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage.
For $8 tickets, please use code HANS at checkout!
- Sound levels will be lowered slightly
- Usher-Guide will light a glow light before something startling is about to happen onstage
- Relaxed house rules that invite audience members to vocalize and move in reaction to the story onstage.
- Pre-Visit Story
- A Parent Tip Sheet for each show, available one week prior to the Sensory Friendly Performance found here.
- A Comfort Room in the rear of the auditorium, where light and sound levels can be adjusted (available for all public performances). Noise reducing headphones can be checked out from our box office (available for all public performances).
- A quiet room for families who need to take a break during the show
Organization Contact: Megan Bleil (email@example.com)
TRIAD Contact: Kristin Dorris (firstname.lastname@example.org)