VKC IDDRC Data Sciences Core (Core E) Event: The Promise of Data Science for Investigating Important Questions in IDD Research
Friday, September 16, 2022
10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. CT
Registration is greatly recommended for an accurate headcount for catering. Please register using the link above by the Sept. 9 deadline.
Tentative Schedule (subject to change):
- 10:00-10:30 a.m.: Presentation on data science methods from core Data Science Institute faculty:
- Jesse Blocher: Machine Learning: What Data Science Methods/Techniques are Available and How Can They Be Useful?
- Jesse Spencer-Smith: Natural Language Processing: A Deeper Dive on Transformer Models
- 10:30-10:45 a.m.: Examples of how data science methods have been useful in IDD research
- 10:45-11:30 a.m.: VKC investigator presentations of what question they are interested in with discussion from DSI students/faculty about what might be possible
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch/mingling time for informal follow-up
For more information, email Julie Lounds Taylor.