John Staubitz, M.Ed., BCBA, LBA
Director of Behavior Analysis in Education, TRIAD
Staff/Faculty - TRIAD Triad Staff - School-Age Services
Overview of Interests
John Staubitz began his career as a special education teacher and behavior analyst working with children and adolescents in public schools, homes, and clinics who presented with severe and complex behavior needs. Prior to beginning his work at TRIAD, his interests included intensive intervention in academics and behavior, school-based consultation, and functional assessment.
John began working at TRIAD in early 2013 and has participated in and led several projects and initiatives in the past decade. He has directed TRIAD’s school-based behavior consultation and technical assistance programming funded through grants with the Tennessee DOE since 2015, and has served as key personnel on research projects funded by the National Science Foundation and the Autism Intervention Research Network on Physical Health, evaluating the impact of novel methods for assessing severe behavior.
John has co-authored publications related to the assessment and treatment of severe and complex behavior, the application of machine learning and sensors to enhance the assessment of behavior, and intensive reading intervention for children with behavior disorders.
John remains passionate about improving educational and clinical outcomes for children and adolescents who present with severe and complex behavior, and is particularly interested in improving the safety, efficiency and acceptability of assessment and intervention processes available to practitioners and caregivers.
- B.S. in Special Education from The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- M.Ed. In Special Education and Behavior Analysis from Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) through Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Tennessee K-12th Grade Professional Teaching Licensure (Modified Special Education)
- • Educational Consultant with Vanderbilt Kennedy Center’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) , Nashville, TN
- Behavior Analyst and Special Education Consultant for Manhattan Beach Unified School District, Los Angeles, CA
- Special Education Teacher for grades 9-12 for Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, Santa Monica, CA
- Special Education Teacher for grades 2-7 for Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Research Assistant for Vanderbilt Behavior Research Center, Nashville, TN
- Senior Intensive Behavior Interventionist for Columbus/Nationwide Children’s Hospital Autism Center, Columbus, OH
- Program Director for Division of Therapeutic Recreation, Cincinnati Recreation Commission, Cincinnati, OH
- Develop and conduct trainings and workshops for family, school personnel
- Coordinate and provide consultation services for students or patients who present with challenging behavior