Principal Investigator: Alexandra Da Fonte, Ph.D.
The purpose of the study is to gather information on the perspectives of the family and self-advocate on:
- (a) the recommendation process of AAC services, supports, and systems;
- (b) the system selection process; and
- (c) the training and supports provided post system selection.
The goal is to determine
- the perspectives of families and caregivers on AAC system and services;
- the perspectives of self-advocates on AAC system and services;
- the positive outcomes during and post AAC system and services selection experienced by parents and self-advocates; and
- the negative outcomes during and post AAC system and services selection experienced by parents and self-advocates.
By gathering information and variables that lead to positive and negative experience and outcomes of self-advocates and their families or caregivers, we hope to outline key elements to minimize experiences that may be contributing to high levels of device abandonment for professionals.
Link to survey:
Augmentative and Alternative Communication Users and Parents
You will be entered into a random drawing for one of five $20 gift cards
Online Survey 20-30 Minutes
Dr. Alexandra Da Fonte
Last Updated: Friday, January 11, 2019