Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Reading Clinic
A clinic providing one-on-one instruction for struggling readers. We offer instructional reading services for K-8 students of all abilities, who need additional supports, strategies, and targeted reading practices.
An Innovative Approach
The emphasis of this clinic is on helping children with reading difficulties make maximal gains in reading. We provide non-diagnostic entrance testing for placement purposes and progress monitoring to keep track of student progress so that the instructional program can be individually tailored to the student's needs.
How The Reading Clinic Works
- During the Fall & Spring semesters, tutoring sessions are 60 minutes in duration, 2 times per week, for 10 weeks.
- Registration for the Fall 2022 term is now open! Fall dates are Sept. 12 through Nov. 18, 2022, with the option to be in-person or virtual. Enroll below.
- The Reading Clinic first piloted a virtual approach in Summer 2020, and the reviews from families and tutors alike were exceptionally positive!
- Summer sessions are 50 minutes in duration, 5 times per week for 5 weeks.
- All students are given non-diagnostic assessments to determine specific reading needs.
- Ambitious but realistic goals are determined for the tutoring period.
- Progress is measured regularly, and instruction is adjusted accordingly.
- Parents will receive regular updates on their child’s progress in tutoring.
- Tutoring is provided by qualified teachers from the community or undergraduate and graduate students supervised by Reading Clinic faculty and staff.
- Tutor specialty areas, degrees, and professions include: low incidence disabilities, speech-language pathology, high incidence disabilities, early childhood, general education teachers (K-8), behavior analysts, and reading specialists.
- The cost per term is $1,250.
Interested in enrollment?
The VKC Reading Clinic will continue to operate in-person and virtually this fall. The fall term will run from Sept. 12 through Nov. 18, 2022. NOTE: Enrollment for the Fall 2022 term is closed.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Learn about Team William Scholarships for struggling readers with Down syndrome.