VKC UCEDD Community Service and Technical Assistance
UCEDD faculty and staff provide cutting-edge, evidence-based services and supports to address pressing needs of persons with disabilities. The VKC UCEDD focuses on serving people in Tennessee and the Mid-South while creating model programs for national use. Some Center programs provide diagnosis and intervention for children or adults. Other programs offer information and technical assistance to educators or direct service providers. Programs are done in partnership with Vanderbilt University, State of Tennessee agencies, and community organizations. We strive to integrate service, training, research, and dissemination across all UCEDD projects.
For assistance in finding services, helplines are available:
Some VKC research studies may provide services (e.g., speech-language intervention). View StudyFinder for research projects seeking participants.
VKC UCEDD Services include:
ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp, a one-week residential program for individuals with Williams syndrome;
- Arts and Disabilities, featuring seasonal art exhibits of works created by or featuring individuals with disabilties;
- Individual and Family Support Project, supported by a licensed social worker and social work trainees;
- VKC Learning Assessment Clinic, for students ages 5-25 experiencing learning challenges;
- Multicultural Outreach, Tennessee Disability Pathfinder, including monthly parent support group for Spanish-speaking families;
- Next Steps at Vanderbilt, postsecondary education for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ages 18-26;
Next Steps at Vanderbilt Summer Institute, a one-week residential college transition program for rising high school juniors, seniors, and young adults with developmental disabilities up to age 24;
- VKC Reading Clinic, a clinic providing one-on-one instruction for struggling readers grades K-8;
- SENSE Theatre, a unique intervention research program for youth ages 10-16 with autism;
- Tennessee Adult Brothers and Sisters (TABS), a network that provides sibling support and information.
Disability-related services affiliated with the VKC UCEDD include:
**Services provided through Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt unless otherwise stated**